Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Four month summary!

Well allow me to apologize for my "slackerness" this last quarter of a year! I have a little bit of an excuse. In January I found out why we haven't been able to have any more kids, I had ovarian cancer! Wow, what a way to turn your life upside down! This specific kind is developed in women before they're 30. I am 30 this year and as it turns out I've had it for at least 3 years. So...most of you were right by my side through it all so I won't go into detail, but ask me in the comments section, if this is news to you, and I will tell ya about it!
Here are some pictures from the hospital. I had surgery and miraculously it was all gone after the surgery. I didn't have to do chemotherapy. There were so many people praying for me. It was very humbling. I want to thank my husband and Madison-of course, my wonderful family, ward, friends, neighbors and most of all my Father in Heaven for this modern day miracle. After I got home from the hospital my parents came for a week and took care of Madison and I. Thank you Mom and Dad. Maddi was ecstatic that Grandma and Grandpa came!














While I was recovering, it was Valentines day and so my sweetheart made me smile!













There is one thing that I was excited to have done and that is, in between surgeries my doctor gave me the go ahead to snowboard one last time! After I recovered, the season would be over, so....









Well that's all the time I have for tonight but more will come about Christmas and California!! I want to keep you all in suspense...

12 comments:

emily said...

I am so happy to hear that you are recovering well and that you're cancer-free! thanks for the update and i look forward to more pictures and stories! Madison is DARLING!

Tamar and Trevor said...

Emma was so excited when she checked your blog and there was new stuff. I am glad that you are doing well and I can't wait for another update. Love ya!

The Hill's said...

I am glad that you are doing better. I know the whole thing can take a tole on everyone and you are in my prayers.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I will agree with Emily...Madison is so dang cute.
I didn't know you at OVC. I actually do charity work for OVC with the HERA foundation.

Anyway, thankful you are doing so well and the Snowboarding looked like a blast!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

OOPS! I meant, "I didn't know you HAD OVC" not "at OVC". ugh

ashtrost said...

I'm so glad you got that figured out. I was always worried about you. It's great to hear you're doing well. Call us if you come to seattle this summer.

Taylor family said...

Hey Kandi, it's Erika Johansen. I found your blog through Dan and Marci's. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well after all that has happened. I ahd heard about what you were going through and my family and I were praying for you. I even had the Primary presidency in my ward praying and fasting for you on the day of your surgery. Keep in touch.

The Crebs Family said...

Hey this is Lindsay, Tamar's sister in law. I linked your blog through theirs and just heard about the cancer. I am so sorry to hear that, however, glad that things are going well now and that you got to snowboard! Yupee! Our blog is Crebsfamily.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it you!

Shelby said...

Hey Kandi! I know I haven't seen or talked to you forever but I hope you know we think of you guys often! Madison is the cutest little girl I've ever seen! We love you and Carson and I'm so glad you have a blog!

ETCK said...

Hi Kandi! It's Tanya "Johansen". Emily left a comment on my blog which lead me to do a little surfing where I found you. I'm so happy to hear that you are free and clear of ovarian cancer. We will remember you in our prayers. In the mean time, check out my blog: www.olafssonfamily.blogspot.com

Tara said...

glad you are on the mend...I had heard about you and you were in our prayers too!!! :)

Melanie said...

Yeah! For Cancer Free! I can't wait to see the pics from Utah!! :D We (Nicole & I) had SOOO much fun with you. Thanks so much for a great night with you. Love you to pieces!!!